Equilibrium are an award winning Chartered Financial Planning company based in Handforth, Cheshire. Officially one of the top 10 companies to work for in the Best Companies Top 100 List 2021 and the number 1 Best Financial Services Company to work for in the country. We oversee more than £1 billion worth of assets.
Since 1995, Equilibrium has been providing friendly expertise on wealth and investment management, pensions and estate planning strategies. Our purpose is to make people’s lives better. That includes our clients, our team and our community, from the advice we give to clients and their families, to the internal training programmes developing our team as well as the Equilibrium Foundation supporting local causes.
We do things a bit differently at Equilibrium which is why we don’t have a compliance department, but instead we have a Best Practice department. We currently require an experienced Associate to join the team to help in delivering excellence as standard to our clients and colleagues alike.
Our new Associate will be rewarded with a varied role, including preparation of KPI and management information as well as undertaking pre-approval file checks and post-sale thematic file reviews.
We want someone who has experience of working within the financial services arena and in particular Best Practice. Ideally with experience of file reviews and all this entails and the ability to handle an ever changing and dynamic working environment as well as having a fantastic eye for detail.
As part of your role you will be involved in some or all of the following areas dependent on experience:
- Conduct file reviews to ensure suitability of advice and adherence with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Work with all areas of the business to embed the culture of Best Practice and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Where required, challenge existing policies and procedures.
- Assist the Head of Best Practice with the review of financial promotions.
- Assist in development/update of policies, procedures and regulatory documentation.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards considering changes in regulation and legislation.
- To perform other tasks as appropriate to the proper execution of the responsibilities of the role of a Best Practice Associate.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have attained or will be working towards Diploma level 4 or related qualification.
- Have strong product technical skills and the ability to apply them.
- Have knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance.
- Have understanding of regulatory rules and standards.
- Be able to demonstrate skills around attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be a self-starter who embraces responsibility and can manage own time.
- Have excellent communication skills and personal presentation skills.
- Have the ability to recognise and assess thematic areas of concern and discuss these with the Best Practice Team.
We value the following when considering new team members:
- Positive attitude and commitment to getting things done.
- Being authentic and real, we don’t want any phoneys.
- Displaying massive amounts of enthusiasm, energy, positivity, motivation and passion without exhausting those around you!
- Being passionate about learning and growth.
- Motivated to do a great job.
- Able to change tack without it sending you into a tail spin.
- Very comfortable with change.
- Displaying huge amounts of integrity, a fantastic work ethic and generally being a great person to have around!
- Being a self-starter who embrace responsibility and can manage own time.
- Fantastic at communication.
- Resilient and flexible in a demanding but fun and fast paced environment.
What we offer in return
At Equilibrium, the pace is fast. Our team thrives off the dynamic environment and we easily adapt quickly to changes. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment to ensure we all get the opportunity to learn and grow.
To support our team’s growth and development, we cover the cost of study materials and exam fees for qualifications relevant to the role, as well as the option to take paid study and exam leave.
To allow people to take rest and time off we offer 33 days holiday plus bank holidays as a minimum going up to 38 days based on length of service.
In order for people to have a life out of work we also have a flexible working framework which gives our team the opportunity to spend some of their working week outside of the office and the freedom to work at a time that suits them where possible.
We also provide the normal perks that you’d expect from an award-winning business such as profit share, pension, death in service, income protection and much more besides.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.