We are currently looking for a highly skilled, friendly, approachable and organised part time receptionist. Hours will be 9.45 to 3.15 Tuesday to Thursday with the ability to do some holiday cover when needed.
Our purpose is to make people’s lives better and this is at the forefront of everything we do. Our receptionist team are the first point of contact for our clients and are pivotal in our client service delivery. We provide a premium service to our clients so we expect their client experience to be of the very highest standard.
From organising meeting rooms to exacting standards, welcoming clients, keeping our meeting suites well organised and the kitchen and communal spaces neat and tidy, you will be at the very heart of the office.
When you aren't welcoming clients and attending to their needs you will be ensuring that meeting rooms are well stocked, your reception area is organised and that you are fully prepped for the next meetings.
You will be responsible for answering the phones, setting up meeting rooms, allocating meeting rooms for client visits, keeping the office well organised, stocked up and ensuring our five star offering is constantly adhered to.
Working with a team of advisers and client managers you will ensure that they have everything they need in order to do their jobs efficiently and to a very high standard. From ordering supplies for the office, making staff drinks or just offering to help at busy times, you will understand the need for 5 star hospitality at all times and the need to be a welcoming team player.
The ability to use your own initiative is key and an eye for detail is important, this role requires that you see everything before the client does, and fix any issues before clients have the chance to notice.
You will need to be able to cope with change and being given ad-hoc jobs to do. The ability to not get flustered is a massive bonus!
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Accommodate visitors, clients, and staff.
- Answer calls and direct them to appropriate people, acting as a gate keeper where necessary.
- Coordinate meeting room bookings and appointments, managing the diary’s efficiently, as well as ensuring that rooms are tidy, stocked with everything that is needed and that guests are served refreshments and anything they may need.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office as you will be required to book meetings in Outlook and use our CRM system to send letters to clients.
- Record, file and track all outgoing and incoming mail, sort mail and distribute on the same day.
- Manage all matters pertaining to reception/office appearance to an exceptionally high standard.
- Work with the facilities manager on upkeep of facilities and notify our facilities manager should anything need repairing or looking at immediately.
- Ensure supplies are replenished and refreshed, including breakfast supplies.
- Maintain office stationery, and replenish when needed
- Any ad-hoc duties
- Excellent communication and telephone skills.
- Good computer skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fantastic people skills.
- Experience of working in hospitality as front of house, working as a concierge or as a deputy manager in the services industry would be an advantage.
- A 5 star approach to reception duties, possible experience of working within the services industry within a first class establishment would be beneficial.
- Great administration skills.
- Experience of working in a busy reception area. Whether in a hotel or office environment.
- Well presented with a good understanding of what it means to be front of house.
- Ability to provide a concierge type service where the clients needs are met in a friendly and efficient manner, going the extra mile when needed.
- Friendly - approachable, outgoing, assertive, shows initiative and welcoming
- Fantastic organisational skills: ability to prioritise, follow up and multi-task
- Flexible and resourceful at problem-solving
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
What we offer in return
At Equilibrium, the pace is fast. Our team thrives off the dynamic environment and we easily adapt quickly to changes. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment to ensure we all get the opportunity to learn and grow.
To support our team’s growth and development, we cover the cost of study materials and exam fees for qualifications relevant to the role, as well as the option to take paid study and exam leave.
To allow people to take rest and time off we offer 33 days holiday plus bank holidays as a minimum going up to 38 days based on length of service.
In order for people to have a life out of work we also have a flexible working framework which gives our team the opportunity to spend some of their working week outside of the office and the freedom to work at a time that suits them where possible.
We also provide the normal perks that you’d expect from an award-winning business such as profit share, pension, death in service, income protection and much more besides.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.