One of the Times best small companies to work for Equilibrium is the award winning Chartered Financial Planning company that offers a genuinely personalised financial planning and investment management service, giving clients confidence now and in the future.
Headquartered in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we oversee more than £1bn worth of assets and are committed to delivering an exceptional service to all our clients. We also have offices in Knutsford and Chester.
Since 1995, Equilibrium has been providing friendly expertise on wealth and investment management, pensions and estate planning strategies. Going beyond just providing advice on investments, we develop long-term financial plans for clients, making a positive difference to people so that life can be enjoyed.
Due to growth we now require an experienced Chartered paraplanner (or as we call them, Client Manager) to join our fast paced, friendly and supportive team.
We offer all staff the ability to carve their own career path and encourage and support staff members to gain qualifications in order to achieve their goals. We provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure we achieve everyone’s full potential.
We believe we offer a slightly different role to a traditional paraplanner as alongside the Financial Planner you will have day to day responsibility for a bank of clients and will be expected to proactively manage and build relationships with the client. Client Managers are often the first point of contact via email and phone whilst providing support for key areas of the planning process including;
- Tax planning: ISA and pension contributions, CGT planning and tax wrapper selection
- Estate planning: inheritance tax mitigation and trust planning
- Asset allocation: review, compare and establish when rebalance is required.
- Individual fund review: review fund selection & identify fund switches
- Ongoing portfolio reviews: review portfolio’s to identify product sales and purchases. Assess tax position and analyse portfolio returns
To achieve this, as part of your duties you will
- Attend client meetings alongside the Financial Planner and create meeting minutes which accurately reflect the information gathered in order to fully document a client’s financial needs and objectives
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the clients, keeping them informed, answering queries and arranging review meetings
- Carry out research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client’s financial circumstances then discussing appropriate solutions with the Financial Planner
- Prepare clear investment strategy, mandate, and recommendation reports, ensuring adherence with regulatory standards for review by the Financial Planner
- Complete quarterly reviews of clients’ portfolios to support the ongoing client relationship, including maintaining a client file review system to regularly assess client holdings and changing financial priorities
- Effectively use research and planning systems such as Analytics, O&M, Voyant, Curo and Volume and wrap platforms such as Nucleus and 7IM.
- Be responsible for ensuring that recommendations are fully implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, compliance and regulatory developments
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and clients throughout the financial services environment, both within and outside of Equilibrium
The ideal candidate
- Confident in preparing and explaining numbers
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Professional and ethical
- Ability to manage time and organise effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- IT Literate
- Excellent people, interpersonal and listening skills
- High level of customer service
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning qualified
- CII Level 6 Advanced Diploma in financial Planning (Chartered Financial Planner)
What we offer in return
In return for all this excellence we reward our team members with a highly competitive salary along with a fantastic benefits package such as discretionary bonus/profitshare, contributory pension, life assurance (4 x salary) and income protection. We also offer private medical insurance after 2 years of service.
Everyone on the team has access to Perkbox which gives plenty of rewards and discounts for high street shops, cinema tickets, 24/7 access to a GP online and lots more. We also offer gym discounts and a cycle to work scheme.
We recognise the importance of mental health as well as physical health and have recently added a Headspace subscription as an option to our teams benefits, alongside group meditation and yoga. We also offer financial support for private counselling sessions for everyone in the team should they wish to talk to someone.
We have a flexible working framework which gives our team the opportunity to spend some of their working week outside of the office and the freedom to work at a time that suits them where possible.
We provide a complimentary breakfast to all staff in the office every day, and offer a very generous holiday entitlement of 33 days plus bank holidays, rising to a maximum of 38 days, linked with length of service.
Our Spirit Team organise regular team socials and events, including our annual end of year party and the addition of a Summer Fete this year!
To support our team’s growth and development, we cover the cost of study materials and exam fees for qualifications relevant to the role, as well as the option to take paid study and exam leave.
And if all that wasn’t enough, we even celebrate National Pizza Day!
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.