We require an experienced Client Manager (what we call Paraplanners) to join our fast paced, friendly and supportive team.
We call our experts Client Managers because the level of client contact is different to what ‘paraplanners’ might be used to elsewhere. Client Managers are often the first point of contact for our clients and so we require individuals who are great communicators as well as being experts in the field of wealth management.
We don’t believe that the only career progression for client managers is to become a financial adviser and offer all staff the ability to carve their own career path. We encourage and support staff members to gain qualifications in order to achieve their goals with financial support and time off to study. We provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure we achieve everyone’s full potential.
We recognise the importance of our team and as such reward all with a highly competitive salary along with a fantastic benefits package which includes an annual bonus, contributory pension and life assurance, Perkbox which gives plenty of rewards and discounts for high street shops, cinema tickets, mobile phone insurance and more.
We provide a complimentary breakfast to all staff every day, and a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days plus bank holidays, going up to a maximum of 38 days due to length of service.
To succeed in our role of Client Manager alongside the Financial Planner you will have day to day responsibility for a bank of clients and will be expected to proactively manage and build relationships with the clients, whilst providing support for key areas of the planning process including;
- Tax planning: ISA and pension contributions, CGT planning and tax wrapper selection.
- Estate planning: inheritance tax mitigation and trust planning.
- Asset allocation: review, compare and establish when rebalance is required.
- Ongoing portfolio reviews: review portfolio’s to identify product sales and purchases. Assess tax position and analyse portfolio returns.
To achieve this, you will;
- Attend client meetings alongside the Financial Planner and create meeting minutes which accurately reflect the information gathered in order to fully document a client’s financial needs and objectives.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the clients, keeping them informed, answering queries and arranging review meetings.
- Carry out research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client’s financial circumstances then discussing appropriate solutions with the Financial Planner.
- Prepare clear investment strategy, mandate, and recommendation reports, ensuring adherence with regulatory standards for review by the Financial Planner.
- Complete quarterly reviews of clients’ portfolios to support the ongoing client relationship, including maintaining a client file review system to regularly assess client holdings and changing financial priorities.
- Effectively use research and planning systems such as Analytics, O&M, Voyant, Curo and Volume and wrap platforms such as Nucleus and 7IM.
- Be responsible for ensuring that recommendations are fully implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, compliance and regulatory developments.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and clients throughout the financial services environment, both within and outside of Equilibrium.
Our ideal candidate;
- Batteries included – we are a fast paced company that requires people to keep up!
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Always professional and ethical
- Great at managing workloads and time effectively
- Happy to work on own initiative
- A great team player
- Able to adapt and be flexible
- IT Literate
- Excellent people skills
- Report writing, with ability to explain financial terminology in plain English
- High level of customer service
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Level 6 Advanced Diploma in financial Planning (Chartered Financial Planner)
Finding the right people is at the heart of our success. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment that aims to bring out the best in everyone that works here.
If you want to enjoy the time you spend at work and believe you have the relevant qualifications, a commitment and willingness to work for an award winning, forward thinking business, then why not check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what the team get up to!
Competitive basic salary, contributory pension, bonus, 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (going up to 38 with length of service) plus loads of other great benefits.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
In a sector that can often be confusing and complicated, we try and make things as simple as we can. I love our approach to problem solving, particularly for technical areas. We try and get right to the heart of the issue and ask why we are doing something, how it helps the client, and how it helps us to do our job. We don’t just do things because it’s what we’ve always done, or because everyone else is doing it.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.